We’re on the hunt for a Front End Web Developer.
RedRhino is looking for another wildly talented developer to join our agency team. We are looking for a developer with a strong portfolio, so whether you’re just starting out or you’re a seasoned pro, if you have talent, we want to hear from you.
We work as one team with our creative and branding teams to offer our clients truly integrated services – the best of everything and everyone under one roof. You’ll be a part of an innovative, talented team that you can learn, grow and have some fun with. Your talent, skills, and hard work will be valued and rewarded.
As a Front End Web Developer, you will work alongside the Digital Director to execute both UI and UX solutions for RedRhino & RhinoActive’s clients. You will be required to write clean, reusable code for the front end development of our creative designs. You will also be tasked with some day-to-day maintenance of existing client websites. In addition to the actual development of websites, you can expect to be called upon to provide unique insights on technologies, best practices, user experience, and current trends for all that is web.
Technology & Skills Required
- Familiar with a CSS framework and grid system such as Foundation or Bootstrap
- Solid understanding of PHP
- Responsive and mobile first development
- WordPress CMS and templating themes
- Knowledge of web standards (W3C and WCAG)
- Testing knowledge of cross-browser and multi-device compatibility (and how to fix issues)
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Mainly Photoshop)
- Strong communication skills, both written, and verbal as you will need to be able to explain ideas and issues to “non-techy” people
- Ability to build custom WordPress themes
- Experience using Sketch
- UI design experience
- Knowledge of version control systems (GIT)
- Server knowledge and maintenance
- Security principles
- Web services and APIs
It is preferred that candidates have at lease 2 years experience developing websites at a professional level and a portfolio and/or GIT link is required.
This position is open to Canadian residents only.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Please send resumes and cover letters to email@example.com or submit your application using the form provided below.