RedRhino is looking for another rhino to join our crash in London, ON. We are a wildly talented branding and digital agency with local, national and international clients. We work as one collaborative team to offer our clients a truly integrated approach. You will be part of highly creative, innovative and fast-paced environment. There is room to grow and your talent and skills will be valued and rewarded. We are flexible and fun, but we work hard to produce great results.
As an Account Director, you will own and lead the day-to-day client relationship on a defined portion of business, potentially with multiple clients across multiple categories/industries. You will be responsible for maintaining a high standard of client service and identifying and acting on key business insights that will drive results for both the agency and your client partners.
You are by nature a collaborative, savvy, integrated marketer who thrives on tackling business challenges from a holistic perspective. This role requires proven strength in analytical skills and strategic thinking. You must have experience leading top brands towards getting the most value out of their marketing investment across all marketing channels. You understand the consumer brand journey across multiple touchpoints and how to best utilize each one to drive the desired consumer response. You are able to lead cross-functional teams to solve unique challenges and you are a proven leader capable of mentoring and growing the careers of your direct reports.
Client Relationship Management
- Demonstrate confidence and industry expertise as the day-to-day voice of the Agency
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with clients and key stakeholders
- Showcase thought leadership by delivering insight and POV’s beyond the brief
- Challenge the status quo for the best results for the agency and the client
- Acquire in-depth knowledge of, and be conversant in client’s business — their key issues, competitive situation and industry trends
- Anticipate potential relationship or expectation issues, advising upper management in time to act proactively
- Work with the Group Account Director in the development of an annual Client Development Plan and produce client forecasts
Analytic, Strategic and Planning Abilities
- Ability to deconstruct client brand and business challenges in order to develop actionable strategies that are then translated into actionable creative briefs and plans.
- Work closely with the creative teams to ensure strategically sound and powerful creative output
- Work collaboratively with senior management to alleviate risk and build solutions
- Display marketing curiosity and willingness to push your own thinking and the agency’s work in new directions
- Able to provide a range of alternatives for client and Agency decision-making
- Build and showcase competitive intelligence, category thought leadership, and the ability to uncover problems clients don’t even know they have.
- Identify and support the organic development of incremental business within existing client portfolios
Staff and Project Leadership
- Lead internal kick-off meetings with department heads to identify the right resources to address all client asks
- Work collaboratively with project team and provide valuable feedback (as the voice of the client) at each stage of the project
- Lead the development of all client-facing presentations
- Ownership and accountability over program budgets and profitability
- Lead, mentor and develop direct reports including providing clear on-going performance feedback Leads the dissection of a client brief to ensure clarity and alignment to the needs and wants of the client and their business/brand
- Minimum of 10 years of marketing experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration an asset
- Experience working in digital agencies
- Proven experience as an Account Director or Account Manager
- Experience in creating digitally-focused strategic communications plans
- At least 3-5 years in a client-facing services role in an agency environment
- Minimum 3 years of people management experience, ideally with 2+ direct reports
- Experience working on large consumer-facing brands
- Skilled at storytelling and building impactful and influential strategy and creative concept presentations that roll out into digital campaigns
- Exceptional understanding of strategic marketing and business principles
- Strong understanding of the current media landscape and knosx how to apply that understanding to holistic and integrated solutions for brands.
- Proven success leading team-based projects
- Self-motivated with quantifiable success in marketing and/or retaining and growing brand and/or client portfolios.
- Strong planning and organizational skills: time-management, working to critical paths, budgeting, delegating, facilitating meetings, multi-tasking, attention to detail, follow up, etc.
- Loves building relationships and getting to know clients
- Experience working within and managing a retainer-based billing model
- Experiential, social media, and influencer experience
- Client-side experience a significant asset, particularly Tier 1 CPG*
Please send resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit your application using the form provided below.