Content & Digital Writer
We’re on the hunt…RedRhino is growing and we are looking for a wildly talented and creative Rhino to join the crash. You believe content is King (and Queen). You are always striving to create engaging content that creates awareness and motivates action. You are avidly looking for an error in this job description, because you are obsessed with words, grammar, punctuation and syntax. And, yes, you know what syntax means. You believe research, data and briefs are essential to writing copy that aligns with audiences – from B2B and B2C to patients and donors. You’re brimming with ideas and creative approaches, always keeping in mind diversity and accessibility. Language is your playground and you know how to adapt it to meet each brand’s voice and values. You are extremely detail-oriented, an exceptional communicator, a creative problem-solver and love deadlines.
RedRhino is the place for someone who wants to be challenged and grow. It’s never the same day twice and it’s a great place to work. The Rhinos are nice people with loads of talent. We take pride in our work, while supporting and encouraging all of the new talent that joins the team.
- Produce medium and long-form web content for client brands to be used as blogs, whitepapers and SEO content
- Produce ad copy for digital advertising include search, paid social, programmatic and other channels based on provided keyword research and/or brief
- Produce targeted copy for various social media channels
- Produce scripts, storyboards and copywriting for offline mediums including radio, television, and print
- Copyedit and proof all copy (digital and print), across a variety of mediums and platforms
- Translate audience insights to targeted copy designed to drive results
- Interpret brand direction and write solid content that aligns to project goals and objectives
The Ideal Candidate
- Narrative-driven storyteller with a strong understanding of communication strategy and the ability to express strategic purpose through writing is essential
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to develop concise, compelling written communications
- Proven ability to write compelling and high-volume content (social, web, video) that accurately reflects a brand’s tone of voice
- Proven ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Experience writing medium- to long-form content that meets business requirements and SEO technical best practices
- Experience with developing social media strategies and producing copy to execute social calendars, from brief to completion
- Experience with implementing and managing social media accounts on platforms such as Buffer, Hootsuite, etc. is an asset
- Understanding of best practices for a variety of platforms (digital and print) demonstrated with a strong writing sample portfolio
- Strong research and editing skills
- Understanding of strategic communications planning
- Enjoys seeing projects through from planning to completion
- A university or college degree in communications, marketing, public relations or English is required
- Must be proficient with Canadian Press style
- Agency experience is preferred
- A minimum of three years of writing experience
We hire based on talent first. Please note, we welcome remote applicants – a successful candidate does not need to reside in London, Ontario.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, referencing Content & Digital Writer Application in the subject line. Compensation will be commensurate with experience. This position is open to Canadian residents only. We appreciate the time it takes to apply, but we are only able to contact those being considered for the position. Thanks for your understanding!
Please note, you must complete the online assessment in order for your application to be considered. The assessment consists of a short aptitude test (15 minutes) and a personality test (untimed). We recommend that you complete the online assessment in a quiet environment during one sitting. Only applicants who complete the online assessment will be considered for this position.
Link to assessment:
We are committed to providing a safe, healthy and inclusive work environment that inspires respect. RedRhino is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ2S+ persons. We are committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities and standards of goods and services.
Please send resumes and cover letters to email@example.com or submit your application using the form provided below.