We’re on the hunt for a Team Lead to join our WordPress Development Team.
RhinoActive is looking for another talented developer to join our team. We’re looking for bright individuals that have a strong desire to learn and build fast, beautiful websites.
RhinoActive is a growing team comprised of designers, developers, and account managers. We work very closely with Red Rhino to ensure that the products we build are designed well and contain effective marketing strategies to give our clients the best chance of success. Our office is new and contains all the amenities you would expect out of a modern development agency.
Placing an emphasis on ‘Active’, we regularly partake in activities such as sports leagues, corporate challenges (internal and external), running clubs, golf outings, ping pong, and more. We encourage our team members to be active both inside and outside the office.
As a Team Lead, you will help solve technical challenges and direct developers on how to efficiently implement solutions. Team leads are also expected to contribute code on a daily basis, but will be more involved in strategy and architecture than a typical developer. Qualified candidates will have extensive experience developing custom WordPress websites and have good critical thinking skills.
Technology & Skills Required
- Good critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Experience with modern hosting platforms
- Experience with cacheing and performance optimization techniques
- Experience with Bootstrap or other responsive frontend css frameworks
- Proficiency with PHP
- Responsive and mobile first development
- WordPress CMS, theme development, and plugin development
- Knowledge of web standards (W3C and WCAG)
- Testing knowledge of cross-browser and multi-device compatibility (and how to fix issues)
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of version control systems (GIT)
- Basic security principles
- Consuming web services and APIs
It is required that candidates have at least 5 years of experience developing custom WordPress websites at a professional level.
This position is open to Canadian residents only.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience. We appreciate the time it takes to apply, but we are only able to contact those being considered for the position. Thank you for understanding!
Please send resumes and cover letters to email@example.com or submit your application using the form provided below.